Thank you for hosting a house meeting and building a movement to rebuild the American Dream and make the economy work for all of us!
If you've hosted a meeting, let us know how it went.
If you want to see what it takes to host a meeting, look at our Host Prep Packet.
House meetings have always been a basic foundation of organizing in America. They’re a great way to bring people together to build relationships, spread knowledge and information, and inspire action!
Over the coming months, Change Nation will create monthly guides to help you facilitate house meetings. We’ll help you discuss a range of topics:
- We’ll learn some history – from the Great Depression and New Deal to how unions built the Middle Class.
- We’ll look at current issues – from the fight to extend unemployment insurance to policies to create jobs.
- We’ll explore new economic ideas and visions – from a vision for full employment to proposals for creating a fair economy.
Use the links below to check out the materials on each topic:
Monthly Guides on How to Host a House Meeting
- May: "Corporate Power & Corporate Greed"
- April: "Why Taxes Matter"
- November: "The Job Growth Fund"
- October: "Why Unions Matter to All Working People
- September: “How Bad is this Jobs Crisis and Why Does Unemployment Insurance (UI) Matter?”
- August: "How Did We Get People Back to Work During the Great Depression?"
- The Host Prep Packet